Work absences — including FMLA, military, and other employer-sponsored leaves — now cost U.S. businesses as much as $100 billion a year, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. The full cost of employee absences has eclipsed the cost of health care, amounting to 36 percent of payroll. In our first year with a large client, WorkPartners was able to reduce leave durations by an average of five days per leave, saving $4 million a year.
We provide leave management services to employers looking for a trusted partner to manage leaves in an efficient, cost-effective manner. We create an integrated program platform that is customized to address the needs and objectives of our clients and update it to comply with applicable federal and state regulations and employer policies. We provide a high quality administrative team in the belief that proactive program management from the beginning to the end of each leave ensures the best outcome for employer and employee. And we partner with employers to gather, analyze, and benchmark data against industry standards in order to recommend a proper course of action.
Our leave management services may be incorporated into any existing absence, disability, health, wellness, or population management program. Yet they are also designed to fit perfectly and seamlessly together with our other services — including management of all types of absences — thereby offering employers a comprehensive solution to health and productivity needs.
Organizations turn to us to help manage their employees’ leaves because we focus on compliance with the changing regulations of various agencies and can reduce the administrative burden of tracking all types of leaves, especially intermittent.
Leave Management Services
We ease the burden to human resources staff caused by the increasing number and complexity of leaves — FMLA (both continuous and intermittent), military, and employer-sponsored leaves — and aim to reduce companies’ exposure to legal risk by focusing on compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Our best-in-class programs and performance metrics provide a customized roadmap to track, manage, and reduce employee absence. And we connect employees to other resources to support them on their leaves by referring them to Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), health and wellness programs, and other employer benefits.
As your leave management provider, WorkPartners offers:
A customized approach. We tailor your leave management program to ensure it is administered according to your company policies and applicable government regulations. Our experienced leave management team works with your human resources department to review absence policies and provide recommendations, and we make sure the implementation process is easy for you and your employees. Moreover, we continue to serve as a resource, guaranteeing an enduring partnership with your organization.
Complete program management. When a leave is reported, it is assigned to a dedicated leave professional who works with the employee and supervisor throughout the process. This central point of contact ensures consistent administration of the leave and clear communication with the employee and human resources staff. We do not just process leaves — we proactively manage them from beginning to end to ensure the best outcome for employer and employee.
Integrated clinical management. Clinical management is critical to the leave process and helps avoid ongoing absence management issues. Our in-house medical resources include nurse case managers and medical directors. These experts work closely with our leave specialists to determine FML designation based on the medical certification submitted. We believe medical oversight is essential to a well-managed leave and to achievement of the best possible outcomes.
Rigorous monitoring of program performance. WorkPartners consults with employers to identify opportunities for cost savings and productivity improvement. We gather, analyze, and benchmark data against industry standards, then recommend a proper course of action. Our proprietary leave management scorecard provides a decision-making tool for senior leaders regarding program performance, including lost workdays, number and types of leaves, absence trends over time, and more.
State-of-the-art technology. Our leave technology accurately tracks absences, including intermittent, continuous, and reduced-schedule leaves. We integrate local, state, and federal regulation changes into our system to keep you compliant. Our leave specialists use the technology platform to coordinate the concurrent administration of leave with workers’ compensation and short-term disability programs. This ensures consistent decision-making on leave approvals and ultimately decreases employee time away from work.
Convenient and flexible self-service. Employees have the convenience and flexibility to apply for leaves online, via toll-free fax, or by phone to our 24/7 call center. Managers and human resources professionals benefit from easy-to-use reporting tools with our online system.
Integrated delivery of benefits. As part of our standard services, WorkPartners links employees on leave to other benefits, including short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance, and wellness programs. This ensures that employees have access to the right resources at the right time. We routinely provide multiple benefit offerings to employers, and we have built our delivery model with integration at its core. Even if we provide a client with one or two benefit programs — such as leave management or short-term disability — we create links between vendors so employees can connect to the benefits they need most.
- Automatic updates of applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- Administration of leaves across multiple states
- Monitoring of all types of leaves, including FMLA, military, intermittent, and employer-sponsored leaves
- Coordination with short-term disability, long-term disability, and workers’ compensation
- Implementation planning includes documentation of workflows, definition of responsibilities and program expectations, identification of program gaps, and management of human resources policy compliance
- Thorough audit trail, including electronic documentation of leave history
- Secure web-based access for human resources managers to view leave eligibility and status
- Enhanced ability for human resources managers to forecast staffing needs
- Customized leave correspondence, including clear, concise messaging to employees regarding responsibilities and documentation that complies with applicable federal and state guidelines
- Secure, web-based access
- 24/7 call center and online reporting
- Automatic email notifications of leave request, approval, and status change
- Dedicated leave specialist for every employee on leave
- Timely case review and oversight
- Case review by medical team led by medical director
- Integration with health management and employee assistance programs
Robust Reporting and Customizable Analytics
- Absence policy review, recommendations, and administration
What You’ll Gain
- Coordinated absence data from multiple vendors and software platforms to ensure seamless data integration
- Integrated snapshot of absence data from all sources, including short-term disability, long-term disability, and workers’ compensation
- Real-time snapshots of absence incidence, duration, and costs
- Analysis of trend data to identify possible absence abuses and improve planning of and compliance with absence management policies
Given the complexities of leave management — along with escalating costs and lost productivity — it’s no surprise that in just the last few years, the number of employers outsourcing leave administration rose
by at least 50 percent, according to a recent national survey by Mercer.
We understand that employee absence puts a strain on your organization, and survival in today’s business climate demands high productivity and a lean and efficient staff. Every hour that an employee is out on leave adds costs to your bottom line.