Stress affects everyone. Life Solutions’ Member Assistance Program (MAP) helps union members face everyday issues on and off the job. We provide personalized counseling, coaching, and other resources to alleviate the impact of these issues and to assist in solving problems.
Our MAP was created in response to union customer needs and with input from union leadership. Members can access resources to improve health, enhance job and career success, and address other work and life issues.
Life Solutions stands apart from other MAP providers. We have served unions facing a wide variety of issues for more than 20 years, and have more than 37 years of experience providing comprehensive programs and services.
We help unions and their members stay healthy and productive by addressing personal and work-related issues before they take a toll on members’ health and job performance. We also help union leaders expand their skills for dealing with complex work situations. We work with union leaders to tailor a MAP that is competitively priced and based on each organization’s needs, goals, and budget.
Common Issues Identified by Union Members:
Based on our experience and relationships with our members and union representatives, we’ve learned that the following are common issues faced by union members:
Services for Union Members and Members of Their Household
- Marital and relationship issues
- Drug and alcohol abuse-related problems
- Financial and legal concerns
- Family relationships
- Work-related problems (supervisor, member, co-worker, etc.)
Services for Union Leaders
- Support services available 24/7 online and by telephone
- Confidential and no-cost coaching and counseling available in person and by telephone
- Beating the Blues US™ online self-help program for depression, anxiety, and stress
- Specialized substance abuse and addiction services
- Hundreds of life-, health-, and work-related tools and resources available via the MAP website
- Referrals for legal and financial consultations
- 24/7 telephone consultation for help addressing difficult workplace situations
- Coaching available by telephone to assist the leader in discussing performance issues with the member and referral to the MAP
- Professional training tools and tips available online
- Critical incident stress management support
- Training and development for coaching skills, alcohol and drug awareness, and member and apprentice orientations
- Promotion and communication support to build awareness and use of the MAP
- Comprehensive annual and semi-annual reports to track MAP use and guide future direction
“As a union leader, I called Life Solutions about a member who was in crisis and needed services right away. He was seen that same day and was sent for treatment within a few days. He is maintaining sobriety now months later due to their quick response and ongoing monitoring of his progress.”
“My wife and I sought help from our MAP counselor because we were fighting all the time. The counselor helped us talk about our problems and come to terms with the fact that our marriage had changed. Our MAP counselor helped us move forward together in our marriage.”
“I never thought I was abusing alcohol. But the sessions with my MAP counselor helped me see how my drinking was causing problems at home and at work. Because of what I learned from my counselor, I decided to seek treatment for my problem.”