Did you know? A healthy lifestyle prevents burnout!
Here are five things you can do to stay resilient in the face of stress:
- Have a stress management toolkit—a list of your favorite healthy coping skills.
- Practice self-care: Eat healthy, sleep, stay moving, and drink water.
- Stay connected with others.
- Create balance between work, rest, and fun.
- Stay involved—be open to the challenges life gives you.
The most basic lifestyle change you can make to support your body is to pay attention to self-care. You are built to handle stress, but your body responds best to stress when its basic needs are met. Self-care is all the actions you take to preserve your health and your ability to get through each day.
How can you practice self-care? As you go about your day, stop and check in. Ask yourself:
- Have I eaten enough?
- What types of foods am I craving?
- Am I thirsty?
- Do I need to take a break?
- Do I need more rest?
- Do I need to stretch or take a walk?
- How well am I able to focus?
- Am I able to stay present when it counts?
- If I can’t stay present, what do I need in this moment so that I can?
Remember, stress is a part of any meaningful life—and the best way to achieve your life goals is to practice daily self-care.
Need help? If you want to make a healthy change but aren’t sure where to begin, email email@example.com or call 1-800-355-0885. We are available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m