Your health matters! It’s easy to get wrapped up in your responsibilities. Your health (and the well-being of those you care for) relies on how you balance daily demands with rest and relaxation. Don’t get burned out!
Signs of burnout:
- Feeling physically or mentally exhausted
- Being unable to see the value in things
- Finding it difficult to care about the
activities of your daily life
- Having a series of days, weeks, or
months when you feel stressed or easily
To prevent burnout, practice daily self-care:
Throughout the day, ask yourself:
- Have I eaten enough?
- What types of food am I craving?
- Am I thirsty?
- Do I need a break?
- Do I need more rest?
- Do I need to stretch or take a walk?
- Am I stressed? What can I do about it?
- How well am I able to focus?
- Am I able to stay present when it counts?
- What do I need in this moment to function
at my best?
You also can:
- Manage your workload. Learn how to say no to things that will exhaust you and ask for help with things that are truly important.
- Take a break. Your body needs sleep to repair itself, and your brain needs downtime to learn, grow, and make sense of your experiences.
- Set boundaries. Keep your work and personal responsibilities separate. Make time for the people and things you enjoy.
- Eat, sleep, move, and hydrate. Your body will respond to stress better if you cover these basics.
- Make a list. Keep a list handy of stress management techniques, activities you enjoy, and things you can do that are comforting.
To learn more about KnovaSolutions, email contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-355-0885. We are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. MT.